Youth Baseball - Five Tips to Help You Make The School Team
By guest author: Jake Wyatt
If you play Little League baseball, you probably know that everyone is accepted to Little League. If you are a serious baseball player, you will most likely want to try out for the school baseball team at some point. You should know that very few Little Leaguers will actually make a school team.
If this is important to you, here are five tips from high school coaches to help you succeed:
1. Keep your grades up. All school teams have minimum grade requirements. You could be the best baseball player in the state, but if you don't have good grades you won't make the team. Pay attention to your studies first, baseball second.
2. Know the game. Study the rule book for your school's district. Be a student of baseball and know the game's history. Know facts about major league players and teams.
3. Persistence is more important than talent. Hang out around the locker rooms. Get to know the players and the coaches at your school. Attend their games and cheer them on. Volunteer to help at the games. Make yourself known. And you must do all this WHILE practicing and improving your own skills.
4. You must practice every day of the year. Hitting practices, tossing practices, working out. Do something every day, even in the dead of winter. Even on Christmas! And keep track of it in a daily diary along with notes about your personal observations so you can see the progress you are making.
5. Always have a positive attitude. Cheer your teammates on. Listen to the coaches. Don't argue. Look enthusiastic all the time. Hustle. A player that has a great attitude will make a team over a better player with a bad attitude.
Making the school baseball team is hard, no matter how long you have played baseball. Following these five tips will dramatically increase your chances of making the team.
In order to be the best possible baseball player, training should happen year-round and be a joint effort between the coach, the player and the parents. Get more free tips to improve baseball performance, reviews of e-products related to baseball, and links to training resources at http://youth-baseball-training.com.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Jake_Wyatt
Thanks to our sponsors:
SoftballrUs.com/FastpitchSoftballSupply.com is the ultimate online fastpitch softball online store. SoftballrUs.com has Batting Trainers,Pitching Training, Training Bats,Defensive Training Equipment,Coaching DVDs & Books, Softball Pitching Machines, Softball Complete Net & Frame Batting Cage Packages, Batting Cage Nets, Protective Practice Screens and Nets, and BatAction Hitting Machines, and much, much more. Visit Softballrus.com now!
Advanced Youth Baseball Training Tips and Techiques
The Advances Youth Baseball Training Blog features daily posts with free articles on coaching youth baseball, advanced youth baseball drills, and advanced tips covering all aspects of youth baseball training. Our posts provide you with free baseball youth baseball hitting drills, youth baseball pitching drills, defensive drills for youth baseball and much more. Make sure to save or bookmark this site so that you can visit it regularly for baseball coaching articles.