Baseball Coaching Digest - 10 Important Facts About Composite Baseball Bats That You Should Know
By Nick Dixon
Every little league baseball, high school baseball, and college baseball team in america now uses the composite baseball bat. These bats have a reputation for extreme durability in warm conditions, incredible pop, a larger sweet spot, extended break-in time, limited warranty coverage, poor cold weather durability, and noticeable handle flex. These bats are also known for having a lot of forgiveness for a poor quality swing. Many people feel that a good composite bat can make the average hitter more productive and powerful at the plate.
What are the benefits of using these bats? What are the disadvantages? This article outlines 10 facts about these bats that every baseball coach, baseball player and baseball parent should know.
10 Composite Baseball Bats Facts that you should know:
1. These bats have a much longer break-in period than aluminum bats.
2.The best way to break one in is to hit real baseballs is in batting practice by taking 100 to 200 hits.
3.When breaking the bat in, the balls should be thrown 40 to 50 mph. The barrel should be rotated 1/8 of a turn each time a good contact so as to break the barrel in evenly.
4. These bats are not as durable as metal bats. Never use your composite bat when hitting off a pitching machine or with while hitting pitching machine balls. Hitting pitching machine balls or rubber balls can do serious damage to composite bats.
5. A Composite bat should not be used in cold weather. When used in temperatures less than 65 degrees they can easily crack. The warmer the weather, the bigger the sweet spot is.
6. Composite bats are more expensive than metal or hybrid bats with most composite bats costing from $330 to $400.
7. If broken in correctly and used under proper conditions, a composite bat will outlast and perform the metal and hybrid bat.
8. Never leave a composite bat in cold weather for an extended period of time. Always take your bat inside your home at night. It is a risk to leave it in your car or truck over night.
9. Composite bats have flex in the handle so a good impact blow on the handle can cause them to break. Most breaks occur in the handle area.
10. Only hit leather cover solid baseballs. Make sure to not hit water logged baseballs with your composite bat. Heavy baseballs could damage the bat especially in colder conditions.
Buyers Tip: Different bat manufacturers have their own terms and conditions as to the warranties on their bats. Read the bat warranty policy for your bat before using it. Most bat warranties cover manufacturing defects from normal field use only. Use in commercial batting cages is not covered. If you alter your bat or mistreat it is any way, your warranty will be voided. Make sure to keep your purchase receipt. The bat company will ask for proof or purchase date and place when you ask to return a defective bat.
I hope that you found this article informative. I appreciate you taking the time to read it. Look for more articles like it at the Baseball Coaching Digest, Youth Baseball Digest, Baseball Parent Guide, and the Little League Digest. Good luck to you and your team! Have a great day, Nick.
The CoachesBest Baseball Store has a great selection of 1400 Baseball Products. Check out the BatAction Hitting Machine baseball pitching simulator. This high speed training machine is 100% Guaranteed to raise Batting Averages and has a full year warranty.
Nick Dixon is the President and founder of Nedco Sports, a sports training company established in 1999. Dixon is also an active and full time high school baseball coach with over 25 years experience. Coach Dixon is better known as the inventor of the BatAction Hitting Machine, the SKLZ Derek Jeter Hurricane Hitting Machine, the SKLZ Target Trainer, the SKLZ Derek Jeter ZipnHit Pro, and the SKLZ Strikeback Trainer. Dixon is also a contributing writer for BaseballCoachingDigest, the Youth Baseball Digest, the Baseball Parent Guide, the Baseball 2Day Coaches Journal, and Blog4Coaches.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Nick_Dixon
===Advertisement from our sponsor:=====
Baseball2u.com/CoachesBest.com is the ultimate online baseball training and coaching store. With over 1400 products organized into categories Baseball2u.com makes finding that baseball training product easy and simple. Order securely online or by phone. Baseball2u.com is a fully licensed company and has a full time staff available from 8:00 to 5:00 CST. Their toll free customer service number is 1-877-431-4487.
The Categories they have are: Baseball Training Equipment, Youth Baseball Training Equipment, Training Bats, Pitching & Throwing Trainers, Defensive Trainers, Batting Cages, Pitching Machines, Jugs Equipment, Game and Practice Baseballs, Protective Practice Screens and Nets, Portable Pitching Mounds, Baseball DVDs & Books, Clearance Items on Sales, BatAction Hitting Machines, Hurricane Hitting Machines, NEDCO Bataction Replacement Parts, SKLZ Hurricane Replacement Parts and Much Much More! Visit Baseball2U.com today!
Advanced Youth Baseball Training Tips and Techiques
The Advances Youth Baseball Training Blog features daily posts with free articles on coaching youth baseball, advanced youth baseball drills, and advanced tips covering all aspects of youth baseball training. Our posts provide you with free baseball youth baseball hitting drills, youth baseball pitching drills, defensive drills for youth baseball and much more. Make sure to save or bookmark this site so that you can visit it regularly for baseball coaching articles.